If you love a good hamburger, then you are going to flip for these sliders. These may be cute little sliders, but when you take that first bite, you will not believe the combination of flavors. The rosemary-garlic aioli and caramelized onion are put over the top. Perfect for tailgating, outdoor BBQs, or fun gatherings of friends and family.
Servings — 4; Prep time — 20 minutes; Cook time — 45 minutes; Total time — 1 hour, 5 minutes
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 garlic cloves finely minced, or pushed through a garlic press
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SLIDERS
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 large onions sliced
1½ lbs 85% ground sirloin, formed into 2.5-ounce patties (for sliders)
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
8 slices provolone
MAKE THE AIOLI
- In a medium-sized bowl, place all the ingredients, and whisk until well blended.
- Can be made one day ahead, covered with plastic, and kept in the fridge.
PREPARE THE SLIDERS
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until caramelized and browned, about 35 to 40 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Set aside, but keep warm.
- Salt and pepper each side of the patties.
- Press an indention with your fingers/thumbs in the center of the patty.
- Heat your grill to medium heat, or heat your skillet to medium heat. (If using your cast-iron skillet, add 1 tablespoon of oil.)
- Once fully heated, add the patties. Cook for about four minutes, then flip. Cook the other side for about four minutes.
- In the last minute, add the cheese.
- Meanwhile, slice the buns, butter them, and place them under the broiler for about 3 minutes (Keep an eye on them! Time varies depending on the oven).
- Remove burgers from heat.
- Smear the aioli on each bottom bun. Place the burger on the aioli and then top it with a pile of warm caramelized onions. Place the top bun on the slider and serve at once.
Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 24g |
Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 610mg |
Potassium: 746mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 338IU |
Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 471mg | Iron: 4mg
Check out more recipes at howtofeedaloon.com