Refreshing your home for the spring is easy as 1-2-3-4 — four quick ways to bring in spring include freshening a space with branches and flowers, swapping out pillows with colorful spring patterns, updating your bedding with light-colored linens, and adding splashes of color using accessories.
Another touch to bringing in spring is to keep in mind that “Less is More.” This is also key when staging or decorating one’s home. It’s very difficult for people to see the great stuff that you own when there is too much of it! Whether staging your home to sell, or redesigning rooms for yourself, the maxim less is more almost always applies!
Getting rid of extra stuff is not as hard as it seems. In fact, there are plenty of places that would love to have it and will give you money for it! The Internet makes this very easy for you, as well as local consignment shops of all varieties.
Here is my three-step process for finding good homes for your excess belongings while being very Green in the process:
- First, grab three large plastic bins and two trash bags.
- Label the first bin as Goodwill, the second as Re-sell using Facebook, Craigslist, eBay, or Consignment (whichever is easiest for you to use). Label the third bin as Storage. Label the first trash bag as recycled trash (magazines, dog eared books, glass, etc.) and trash bag two as trash. I think you are getting the picture by now.
- Now, go through the room and ask yourself these three critical questions:
- Do I love this item?
- Do I use this item?
- Does this item fit the style or vision I am trying to create?
If the item does not meet at least TWO of those qualifications, place it in its most appropriate bin. For those items that you “only love” or ”only use once yearly,” consider placing them in storage as they don’t fit regular use and probably won’t be needed to stage your home.
For your finishing touches, below is a kitchen Spring cleaning checklist. Follow us on Instagram @posh_home_staging or on Facebook @POSHHomeStaging for a checklist which also includes your bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Dust tops of cabinets
- Clean cabinet shelves
- Wipe down front of cabinets
- Dust top of refrigerator
- Wipe down front refrigerator
- Vacuum refrigerator coils
- Get rid of expired items
- Wipe stove top and oven
- Clean inside the microwave
- Scrub and disinfect sink
- Clean backsplash
- Scrub and disinfect counter
- Clean garbage disposal
- Clean windows
- Clean light fixtures/bulbs
- Dust AC/Heat registers
- Vacuum and mop floors
940.765.2684 | poshhomestaging.com | email@example.com